March 20, 2017

AT&T Vs. Verizon? It's Not Even Close


I have received several requests from my followers to compare and contrast AT&T (NYSE: T) versus Verizon (NYSE: VZ) over the past weeks as the wireless wars have heated up. In the past week I have spent an inordinate amount of time reviewing the two companies in order to answer this question.

I own both AT&T and Verizon stock currently at equal weights in my portfolio. I, like many of you, had come to the conclusion that the two companies were essentially a duopoly and the prudent thing to do would be to own both to diversify my portfolio and reduce risk. Nonetheless, after performing further due diligence, I have come to the conclusion that AT&T offers a much better investment opportunity going forward for dividend growth and income investors for several reasons. I went back through and read all the past articles comparing the two. Most were focused on the minutia and not the big picture. Most authors basically compare each fundamental statistic side by side and come to the conclusion there is no clear winner.




No comments:

Post a Comment